Peakfresh Produce Bags
Peakfresh is modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) made specifically for fruit and vegetables. With a natural mineral embedded in them, our bags remove ethylene gas which is the aging hormone that causes produce to ripen and ultimately spoil. When used correctly, Peakfresh will extend the life and freshness of your produce. Most recently, NASA began using PEAKfresh bags to extend the life of produce sent to and consumed by the astronauts at the International Space Station.
Peakfresh produce bags are made of low-density polyethylene film. They are re-usable, #4 recyclable, BPA-free and OMRI listed for Organic Use (code: pfp-2278). And we proudly manufacture our bags in the USA!
1. Important: pre-cool produce in the refrigerator before storing in a Peakfresh bag. (Produce stored at room temp can go right into a bag)
2. Use a separate bag for each type of produce and be sure produce is dry.
3. Expel air from the bag and close it using the enclosed twist ties and store in refrigerator.
4. Rinse bag thoroughly with cool water and dry completely before re-use. Bags can be re-used for up to 2 months
5. Keep bags in their original packaging until ready for use.
*Caution: keep bags away from fire and children.
AVAILABLE ONLY FOR SHIPPING IN NORTH AMERICA